Scaling Social Innovation
How To Scale Your Impact
BENISI Masterclass, Unlikely Allies Summit
A BENISI masterclass on scaling social innovation was tailored for the needs and profiles of the participants at an exceptional Impact Hub Network knowledge sharing event that took place in Cluj-Napoca in Romania in June, the Unlikely Allies summit.
The launch of the 2015 edition of the European Social Innovation Competition
BEES Coop (Coopèrative Bruxelloise Economique Ecologique et Sociale)
BEES is the first consumer cooperative in Brussels that offers organic, local and quality products at affordable prices, through a business model based on active participation and social inclusion
BEES coop is innovative because:
- it is a consumer cooperative in which members participate actively, to the extent of three hours per month, to the management of all the practical aspects of the supermarket
- The participatory model allows members to immediately obtain a removal of economic barriers (only model that reduces 75% of direct costs with the implication of the partners, social purpose = zero profit, bypass intermediaries through the application the concept of slow food and short circuit) and information (transparency on the purchase, mutual awareness, better knowledge of the production chain)
- Innovative because, compared to similar initiatives (buying groups in solidarity or small organic shops), BEES will impact on a large scale on the district, thanks to the choice of opening a supermarket and then create a meeting place for the whole community. This choice is also conducive to lower final prices and makes organic food available to everyone.
- BEES applies a governance model type sociocratico, with a statute that is already innovative and taken as example by many similar initiatives
- Innovative because it is totally open source and with the aim of supporting many similar initiatives